🔕 🔔

My vegetarian chili taste too tomatoey. How do I fix that?

I accidentally added crushed tomatoes instead of diced. I tried adding more chili powder.

asked by Jtrinh7 over 5 years ago

Wholefoods user icon

Without knowing the recipe, I would say in a separate pan saute some additional onions to put in the chili with the addition of cumin and oregano with the chili powder that you have already added. I am assuming you wanted to just keep the quantity the same as well, or you could add more beans and a little vegetable stock in addition to the aforementioned items.

E7b6597b db6e 4cae b9f3 699b508f4ed3  036

How is your consistency? I would also consider some corn masa mixed with a bit of stock to make a slurry - that will thicken as well as absorb some tomato flavor