🔕 🔔

Has anyone ever added barley flour or rye flour to chocolate chip cookies?

I am so enraptured with Mrs. Larkin's chocolate chip cookie recipe that I want to make it again, but I want to play with adding some of the rye flour I bought for Amanda's rye cookies. And I always want to add barley flour because I like it in pie crusts and lemon squares. Anyone ever tried either?

asked by witloof almost 5 years ago

67da29df 0253 44dd 98a1 250b49e519a4  hilary sp1

Personally, I would add one or the other. Decide which flavor you want in the cookies, then sub no more than 1/3 of the flour in the recipe. If it were me, I'd sub about 1/4 of the flour. Mrs. Larkin advises to weigh the flour-- I'd maybe add 125g of Rye and 384g of All Purpose.

281ae33b 7151 464a af77 f6d6444c9c7d  img 20151007 213502

Barley flour works well for chocolate chip cookies, especially if you use 1/2 barley half all purpose.