🔕 🔔

Grilled pork ribs. Up or down

asked by a Whole Foods Market Customer over 4 years ago

926a19d7 d9a8 42e3 bf8b 53b12f443eae  tibet

If you're talking about baby back or St. Louis-style racks, I say grill the ribs meat side up (as a whole, intact rack) so you don't have to deal with the meat sticking to the grates. That's also how I cook them in the oven and the smoker. If you're asking for a thumbs up or down, I say two thumbs up! ;)

3d9a3882 c161 441f 8a91 0efd10979f7c  2007 09 11e s4

Maddy's right - grill them (Slowly! 75-90 minutes over indirect low coals) meat side up. Baste them every 15-20 minutes with a somewhat acidic mop that will help tenderize th meat. Do not put any sweet sauce on them until the last 5 or 10 minutes.