🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Quinoa and Kale Crustless Quiche

Ab868254 6c97 4322 984c b37c23be0c5c  image 5

I have a question about the recipe "Quinoa and Kale Crustless Quiche" from Hilarybee. What should I serve with this? It seems like a leafy salad would be overkill.

asked by Wicko over 4 years ago

8f5038ed 8aca 4d33 aef7 8a0ce63adc40  img00019 20100929 0432 1

Spiced baked carrot "fries" would be nice.

E4b7660b f3f6 4873 bd6d 2130a16403fb  img 1088

I make this a lot (love it with spinach instead of kale). In the winter I serve it with a citrus salad: peel a grapefruit, a couple of blood oranges and a couple of clementimes. Slice them thin, season with salt and pepper, drizzle with a little olive oil and some lemon juice or sherry vinegar and you're good to go.

C0d1f1de 4134 43ba 9510 1d7a8caa31f3  scan0004

Since you've eliminated the carbs in the quiche, I would enjoy something like a cornbread with this -- in addition to the other 2 suggestions. (That is, unless carbs are truly 'off the table.')

Bb911bcd 2446 4d8f 848f cdc2090e999a  leaf cake

I think roasted butternut squash, cubed and sprinkled with olive oil and salt and pepper, would be a great side and would look pretty as well.

Cef49d72 d554 46db a888 e97e0311e08e  cimg0737

I've often paired this quiche with soup for lunch or a light supper. I've served both Creamy Potato Soup with Bacon Vinaigrette by OB Cookie (http://food52.com/recipes...) and inpatskitchen's Roasted Celery Soup (http://food52.com/recipes...) with this quiche. Both soups are really delicious and nicely complimented the flavors of the quiche.

My first thought was some type of winter squash--either roasted or in a salad. I think Amanda has a recipe re the latter. Another idea would be a roasted beat and feta or goat cheese salad; just simply drizzle with some olive oil salt and pepper.

C1aa93d7 c7a4 4560 aa6d 6dca74cc98ca  smokin tokyo

I wish there was someplace to keep all these mouthwatering menu suggestions.