A question about a recipe: Quinoa and Kale Crustless Quiche

0f57980d 71fd 4114 a143 a99722a878bf  2018 0118 quinoa kale crustless quiche 3x2 julia gartland 7281

I have a question about the recipe "Quinoa and Kale Crustless Quiche" from Hilarybee. What should I serve with this? It seems like a leafy salad would be overkill.

asked by Wicko almost 6 years ago

Spiced baked carrot "fries" would be nice.

I make this a lot (love it with spinach instead of kale). In the winter I serve it with a citrus salad: peel a grapefruit, a couple of blood oranges and a couple of clementimes. Slice them thin, season with salt and pepper, drizzle with a little olive oil and some lemon juice or sherry vinegar and you're good to go.

Since you've eliminated the carbs in the quiche, I would enjoy something like a cornbread with this -- in addition to the other 2 suggestions. (That is, unless carbs are truly 'off the table.')

Bevi

I think roasted butternut squash, cubed and sprinkled with olive oil and salt and pepper, would be a great side and would look pretty as well.

cookinginvictoria

I've often paired this quiche with soup for lunch or a light supper. I've served both Creamy Potato Soup with Bacon Vinaigrette by OB Cookie (http://food52.com/recipes...) and inpatskitchen's Roasted Celery Soup (http://food52.com/recipes...) with this quiche. Both soups are really delicious and nicely complimented the flavors of the quiche.

ATG117

My first thought was some type of winter squash--either roasted or in a salad. I think Amanda has a recipe re the latter. Another idea would be a roasted beat and feta or goat cheese salad; just simply drizzle with some olive oil salt and pepper.

BoulderGalinTokyo

I wish there was someplace to keep all these mouthwatering menu suggestions.