Goat cheese rolled grapes

I'm making grapes rolled in goat cheese and chopped pecans. Do you think this will work with plain goat cheese, should I think with a small amount of cream, or do I need to go to the store to get some cream cheese to beat with it? The day is getting away and I need everything done soonish.

1 Comment

aargersi January 20, 2013

Did you get it done? I think it depends on the cheese - I have some very creamy chevre on hand that would work but adding a little cream cheese to a crumblier goat is a great idea ....

nutcakes
nutcakes January 21, 2013

Yes I got it done, thank you! Since my goat cheese wasn't entirely room temp and a little crumbly, I just beat in cream 1 tsp at a time. Likely did a Tbsp for the first 1/2 pound, then I did only a tsp or two for the rest, which had warmed up a bit. I loved finely chopped pecans that still had some crunch. Ran out and used walnuts too for the next part. They were pretty popular treat and went really well with wine, esp the white.