I'm thinking about deep-frying the Turkey this year. Should I try it myself? Or just buy one? Thx! (cc: leeschu) #turkey

asked by @schu1977 about 8 years ago

buck

It's not difficult and only takes about 45 minutes for a 12-14 pound bird (but be sure to check the temperature of the dark meat - 180 degrees).

CaryNC

It's fun but uses a lot of oil. Oh BE SURE to put the bird in the big ole' pot, then fill with water to the correct level (birds covered but not to close to the top of the pot), remove the bird, then mark the pot with a marker at the new water level. Then you know how much oil to put in before you heat it up and SLOWLY lower the bird into it. Nothing like a fried turkey yummy.