Chocolate Frozen Yogurt Recipe Needed

We're in need of a straightforward chocolate frozen yogurt recipe, with a strong chocolate punch. The Friend and I are still living in Central Asia, and we regularly make our own yogurt and ice cream, so we have the equipment and ingredients. The Friend has a serious sweet tooth, and is a chocolate fiend. I'm looking for something a bit lighter than his current favorite, coffee ice cream w/crushed Oreos and chocolate sauce, for weekday dinners.

asked by Melusine over 5 years ago

barbyoung

Not frozen yogurt, but the chocolate sorbet in David Lebovitz's book "The Perfect Scoop" is amazing. See food52.com/blog/3680_david_lebovitzs_chocolate_sorbet for the recipe and mouth-watering photos.

FutureChef

Two alternatives I might suggest.
1) Heston blumenthal method: whipping chocolate and water for mousse-like texture... I've refrigerated but can't vouch for freezing texture
2) frozen bananas food-processed/masticating-juiced into ice cream + cacao powder (good with lucuma too)

FutureChef

I forgot... If you're in Asia, you might have easier access to durian which certainly has a custard-y texture

The $1.89 Lunch Our Editor-in-Chief Swears By

Chickpeas to the Rescue

Curried Chickpea Sandwich

You can count the ingredients on one hand.

Simplest Homemade Doughnuts

Meatballs lend comfort on one family's journey from Mexico.

My Family Recipe: Mexican Meatballs

What's New in the Neighborhood

From weeknight favorites to regional classics.

12 Essential Italian Cookbooks