🔕 🔔

spinach quiche: trying to keep my sautéed spinach from FLOATING in the custard....

I've had no success with putting cheese on the wilted, chopped leaves to hold them down, then adding the custard base.
My baking objective is to have an even distribution of spinach in the finished quiche--a 2" high, french style type.

asked by stonesoup over 4 years ago

E4b7660b f3f6 4873 bd6d 2130a16403fb  img 1088

Have you tried just stirring it all together? I would stir the spinach into the custard and then fold in the cheese. Otherwise, you're going to have layers instead of a cohesive custard. Good luck!

Oh, also, make sure your spinach is really dry so you don't introduce a lot of liquid into the custard.

0f493ab9 068f 4498 ba2c 95c992214d52  sit2

I'm not sure if it would work in Spinach. But in blue berry muffins, a dusting of corn starch or flour keeps the blue berries distributed. I'd try cornstarch as flour might tastes too raw in the dish.