Slow cooked Boston butt

Today I have a 1.14 lb Boston butt and a brand-new slow cooker. I've never used one before and though I did a recipe search and read the instructions, I'm still not sure of strategies. Thoughts or recipes for a slow-cooker beginner?

asked by LucyS almost 6 years ago

jsdunbar

Have fun. What do you want? Shredded pork? Let this be the first of some experimental meals

If you have access to Asian ingredients you could perhaps try this http://food52.com/recipes... Which slow cooker did you buy? One bit of advice, if you are going to be away from it for a length of time be sure you have adequate liquid. But don't fully submerge the meat.