🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Fantastic Buttermilk Pancakes

4a6cce6e cc0d 11e5 8e0d 3c15c2d2bb38  37 full

I have a question about the recipe "Fantastic Buttermilk Pancakes" from lazychef. Can anyone describe the desired consistency of this batter? The last pancakes I made from a mix was 40 years ago and I remember batter as being thinner. This is quite thick and fluffy and hard to shape nice round discs.

asked by fhp about 5 years ago

94ff4163 13ec 407a a53b 792c87641e55  fsm
trampledbygeese

trampledbygeese is a trusted home cook.

Pancakes like these are usually quite runny. Usually what they call a medium batter, has some substance to it, but can be poured or ladled onto the pan. How you pour it into the griddle effects what shape the final pancake will be.

C0d1f1de 4134 43ba 9510 1d7a8caa31f3  scan0004

You can make the pancakes thinner by either using less flour or adding more liquid. If you want to experiment, make up the recipe, make a test pancake, then add a little liquid at a time to get the consistency you like.