Question about Risotto Rosso

I am planning on making risotto rosso for a dinner party and I wonder if I can make it ahead of time and reheat it, or will that result in a starchy, overcooked risotto? If I should not make ahead and reheat, are there a way to partially complete the dish in advance?

asked by Kelly Anderson over 5 years ago

bigpan

I'm not a huge fan of risotto rosso because the color often is not appetizing - but you might consider adding some beet juice to make it a nice rich red color ! A couple tablespoons will not alter the flavor while adding great color to the final product.

bigpan

And yes, as above, even the best Italian restaurants pre-cook and re-heat.

Chef Pete

Yes, cook just more than half way, still firm and crunchy but increased in size 50% from absorption, remove from heat and cool in a shallow pan. When ready, preheat stock and add risotto to finish.