🔕 🔔

I am looking for a fabulous peanut sauce to dress a salad with.

asked by Lynne Rothenberg over 5 years ago

Kitchen Butterfly

What kind of salad? I make a (warm) peanut dressing with peanut butter (warmed), coconut milk (or water) to thin, some lime juice and zest for zip, a touch of ginger and garlic, and red chilli flakes and brown sugar if I feel it needs some smoothing out and balance. And definitely served with lots of cilantro.

Lynne Rothenberg

The salad I had in mind is a brown rice and veggie salad.

Kitchen Butterfly

I think the flavours would go well with grains, especially if you include some herbs in the mix.

kimhw

I'm not a good measurer. But peanut butter, squeeze of lemon, carrot juice and grated ginger.
Yum!

ATG117

Soy, PB, peanut or another light oil, rice wine vinegar or lime juice, minced garlic, red pepper flakes, scallions, honey, and (optional) finely chopped peanuts. I'm also not a good measurer for things like this, but I might go 2:1 oil to soy, and then go from there, using enough acid to create a nice balance.