🔕 🔔

I am looking for a fabulous peanut sauce to dress a salad with.

asked by Lynne Rothenberg over 4 years ago

C405edfb eff8 43c8 8d2a 9c901ad00568  ozoz bw january2014

What kind of salad? I make a (warm) peanut dressing with peanut butter (warmed), coconut milk (or water) to thin, some lime juice and zest for zip, a touch of ginger and garlic, and red chilli flakes and brown sugar if I feel it needs some smoothing out and balance. And definitely served with lots of cilantro.

The salad I had in mind is a brown rice and veggie salad.

I think the flavours would go well with grains, especially if you include some herbs in the mix.

I'm not a good measurer. But peanut butter, squeeze of lemon, carrot juice and grated ginger.
Yum!

Soy, PB, peanut or another light oil, rice wine vinegar or lime juice, minced garlic, red pepper flakes, scallions, honey, and (optional) finely chopped peanuts. I'm also not a good measurer for things like this, but I might go 2:1 oil to soy, and then go from there, using enough acid to create a nice balance.