Freezing Cake

I am planning on serving a cake tomorrow night (two layers with frosting in the middle and on the outside), and I made the layers today. Is it worth it to freeze the layers and defrost them tomorrow, or can I just leave them out at room temperature overnight? If freezing is recommended, what is the best way to wrap the layers? Thank you!

asked by thebunalsorises over 5 years ago

Lynne Rothenberg

I put the layers, still in their pans, into a plastic bag. Remove and frost tomorrow.

One day at room temperature shouldn't affect them; I do this all the time. Just wrap them very well after they cool thoroughly. I usually wrap them in plastic wrap and then foil. I would remove them from the pans, however, or they may stick.