🔕 🔔

oven temp adjustment for pyrex

When cooking in pyrex, do I adjust the oven temperature up or down (I can't remember)?

Kristen W. is a trusted home cook.

No oven temp adjustment needed as far as I know. Just avoid adding really cold (like right out of the freezer)into a hot oven. Here's the pyrex guidelines for use,http://www.pyrexware.com...

F83774ec c18a 46a4 8dff 00877f15aed6  image
Kristen W.

Kristen W. is a trusted home cook.

Ah, I guess I misremembered. Thanks!

783b5334 3415 40c6 8994 2245307bc4b2  img 0036

I've recently had a couple of pyrex explode in the oven. I think it shouldn't be more than 375 degrees - I recall mine exploding around 400.

A9f88177 5a41 4b63 8669 9e72eb277c1a  waffle3

A sudden change in temperature is what breaks glass, not the temperature per se. Failure to preheat the oven is the most common cause. Remember back in Chem Lab heating Pyrex flasks with a Bunsen burner?

35faefed 689d 46f6 a24d 43eb036cba4a  chemistry glassware