Our little rice cooker in a *new* red—but not for long! Shop now » details
Certain restrictions and exclusions apply. While supplies last.
🔕 🔔

6cb49ef7 38b5 4eb6 aae4 04078f60ca73  how to make a custard part 1
Shuna Lydon

Shuna is a pastry chef in New York City and author of the acclaimed blog Eggbeater.

I appreciate Monita's answer but I don't think it's specific enough. Every batter for every cake weighs a different amount & is composed of different ingredients. Generally speaking most Bundt cake batters specify Bundt cake pans because the batters arehigh in moisture and fat and bake better because the middle of the cake is dispersed by a heat conduit, helping the batter to rise and bake evenly.
If I'm changing baking vessels I tend to play it safe and put batter up to the 1/2 way mark of the vessel, not measure it by cups or ounces or grams necessarily. In the end you want a cake that does not burn on the sides before the middle is baked through.

C129441c f15b 4f1a a9a5 fba056140e17  img 4680

I agree with Shuna, the cake could very well dry out. However, seeing as you are making rum cake, you might be able to save the cake from being too dry with the glaze.