A DARLING LIL' COOKER THAT MAKES THE FLUFFIEST RICE. SHOP NOW »
🔕 🔔

Bundt Pan?

Will using a bundt pan change the consistency/results of a loaf cake recipe? I am using a lemon yogurt cake recipe that has never failed me. I wonder if I can try using a bundt pan for the same recipe for better presentation. Thanks!

asked by bolityzo almost 4 years ago
4cc38b64 6692 42be 81f7 24b3e7bcda7f  img 2088

I think the main issue would be cooking time since the bundt pan would tend to cook a little more quickly. The browning of the outside in a non stick loaf pan should be fairly consistent in a non stick bundt pan though

A9f88177 5a41 4b63 8669 9e72eb277c1a  waffle3

I'd give it a try. Start by calculating the volume of the two pans. A bundt pan might hold twice what your loaf pan will.

The increased surface area, especially of an intricate bundt pan, will cause an increased tendency to stick. Prepare the pan well and be prepared to coax the cake out if necessary.

I can think of three factors that will influence baking time (and possibly the oven temp required) one way or the other: The pan surface area, the exposed surface area (due to evaporative cooling), and the increased mass of the batter.

I've doubled loaf pan recipes to use in my bundt pans dozens of times without issue. For doneness I just start testing early. First I make sure the mixture isn't jiggling, then I lightly press a finger and if it is firm I give it the toothpick test.

Thanks, everyone! I doubled the recipe; lowered the temp by 25 degrees and kept checking for doneness after 30 minutes. It was dry in some parts of the cake; but after the glaze, and I let it sit for a few hours. The lemon loaf turned out great - just looks more like a cake now. Thanks again!