🔕 🔔

What sausage can I sub for merguez sausage? I'll be using it in a stew with scarlet runner beans and veggies.

asked by Jessgrivers over 4 years ago

926ee962 060e 44e6 a1d9 878262f34bf8  image

What about Spanish Chorizo?

3a07161a c04e 4fa1 b28d 18a97a109314  img 7662

Chorizo...will still be spicy & garlicky

Oh looking for something not spicy? It just said subbed...

Chorizo though spicy and more easily available differs from merguez. Traditionally Merguez is made from lamb, fennel and other North African spices. Chorizo, dry cured style from Spain, is made from pork and/or beef, saffron, garlic and other typical Spanish sausage. My family makes our own sausages. It is not too time consuming and ingredients can be varied to suit taste. May I suggest that you make your own. There are many fine recipes that will give you control over the intensity of spices and quality of the lamb. This web site lists many types of sausages and substitutes - http://www.foodsubs.com...
Hope this is helpful and you list your recipe on Food52 site.