Grant their wishes: 20% off $150+ with code GOGOGIFTS. Go, go, gifts » details
Enter code GOGOGIFTS at checkout. Offer valid through 11:59pm ET 12/11/16. U.S. only. Certain restrictions and exclusions apply.
🔕 🔔

How can I make a good cajun turkey breast? Bought the turkey breast only, 3lbs and I want to bake it with cajun spices. Help plz

asked by @evilkittn about 6 years ago
E4b7660b f3f6 4873 bd6d 2130a16403fb  img 1088

Do you already have the cajun spices? If you have the pre-packaged kind (like Tony Chacere's or Emeril's), just rub some oil over the breast and sprinkle the seasoning liberally and rub it all around. Don't add salt--the mixtures are very salty. If you're making your own mixture, you'll need salt, pepper, cayenne, onion powder, dried oregano, thyme, paprika...you can find a bunch of recipes for proportions on the web. Roast the turkey breast on a bed of sliced onions, bell pepper and celery (the holy trinity), and sprinkle a little Worcestershire sauce over the vegetables. You can use that base to make your gravy as well.
See http://www.food52.com/recipes...

401c5804 f611 451f a157 c693981d8eef  mad cow deux

Funny you should ask because the November issue of Saveur featured a boudin stuffed turkey breast roulade (as in rolled up). I'm preparing one myself later today. Lousiana boudin is mixture of pork meat, pork liver and rice. Since I couldn't find real boudin locally I'm grinding it myself. I'd like to dispell the myth that "cajun" food is really hot. It doesn't have to be. It's get's some kick from cayenne and Tabasco (or Crystal) hot sauce but it's not supposed to set your nether parts on fire. New Orleans style cooking---as in Creole for the most part--- is high on flavor but not smokin'.