🔕 🔔

I am making a cheese and prosciutto stuffed chicken breast with an orange buerre blanc sauce ...the recipe has you make sauce and serve with

Breasts. . Why after making this cream sauce

couldn't I bake the breast right in the sauce? Thanks

asked by Picholine about 4 years ago

8f5038ed 8aca 4d33 aef7 8a0ce63adc40  img00019 20100929 0432 1

after you make the sauce, I think you could.

Since their chicken breasts, cooking time isn't that long. After cooking, couldn't she remove the chicken pour off sauce, stir and place sauce on a platter with the chicken?

You can't bake it in the sauce because it would break too easily.

I looked up the recipe. The main reason you don't want to do that is that the sauce is too delicate. Also you are supposed to whisk butter in right at the end before serving. That kind of sauce isn't a bake-in sauce. The other problem is that the chicken won't brown properly if you bake it with a sauce over it.