A question about a recipe: Divine gluten free chocolate cookies. No seriously.

I have a question about the recipe "Divine gluten free chocolate cookies. No seriously. " from Jestei. Can these be frozen?

boulangere March 12, 2013

Yes, indeed! Double-wrap them in plastic before you do, and to thaw them, just move them back to room temp.

Shuna Lydon
Shuna Lydon March 12, 2013

Yes, I'll second that. Most baked goods can be frozen for a few weeks. I prefer a freezer ziploc bag because plastic wrap gets brittle in the freezer and shards of it go everywhere. Not all plastic wrap is equal and sometimes the baked good tastes of plastic when it gets thawed out. I have a setting on my toaster oven that thaws carefully and slowly. An oven is always a better option than a microwave. Most dough and batter will freeze too, in case you want to just bake a few at a time.

ATG117
ATG117 March 12, 2013

Is the freezing generalization true, even of cookies like these, which rely on whipped egg whites instead of flour?