Skirt Steaks

I'm catering a small party for 25-30 people, and I'm serving a skirt steak salad. I'm not sure how many skirt steaks I should buy. I'm thinking 6 skirt steaks. Any thoughts

asked by James Durazzo over 5 years ago

ZombieCupcake

Typical serving is 4-6 oz I would get about 12 to 14 lbs. making it alittle over 7 oz per person give room if you need to trim and if there are people with bigger appetites.

ZombieCupcake

Linn

Scanning a random selection of skirt steak salad recipes, looks like most call for 1 pound trimmed steak for 4 people. Let 's say 30 people or 7.5 pounds. Adjusted for moisture loss during grilling or broiling, that leaves about 86 ounces or 2.9 ounce / 80 grams per person. A comparatively small serving by most American standards, but sufficient to meet the FDA requirement a serving of protein. So what it really depends on is how generous you decide to make each serving.

James Durazzo

Thank you for the information on this. It's takes practice and experience trying to figure these things out. I'm just starting out with small events. So I'm thinking 8 skirt steaks might be enough without being excessive. What do you think?