Can I use an expired box of corn starch which has never been opened? Exp. Date 6/24/12

asked by KitchenKim over 5 years ago

Sarah_Sherwood

Yes! It should still work just fine, as long as it was stored in a dry, cool place

KitchenKim

Thanks for the quick response Sarah:)

KitchenKim

Thanks for the quick response Sarah:)

smslaw

I think it'll be fine. I just finished a box of corn starch we've had since the Clinton administration.

KitchenKim

Thanks smslaw...I will hope my small container will continue to thrive, without any hard economic downturns, through the remaining Obama years...;)

LE BEC FIN

Previous to this winter, my cornstarch was also a survivor of the Crimean War. But ever since I developed my Polvorones recipes, i go through multiple boxes very quickly!
http://food52.com/recipes...

KitchenKim

Le bec fin...I didn't realize that corn starch, can "stand the test of time" the way, many of you have described. Thanks for responding! in the meantime, I would love to see your polvorones recipe:)

LE BEC FIN

hi kim, if you click on my name, you'll go to my page and my recipes will be there on the first recipes page (or you may have to click on 'recipes' after you get to my page. there are 3 polvorones recipes there- for maple pecan, lemon pecan and pistachio green tea.Hope you try 'em!

KitchenKim

The recipes look wonderful! Thanks for sharing:)