corn starch v corn flour

Could anyone help... can corn starch be used instead of corn flour? The recipe is from the UK and it asks for corn flour in a cheesecake... any ideas? Thank you! :)

asked by canoetrip over 2 years ago

Lord only knows with the British, but I'd guess they're referring to some sort of corn meal.

canoetrip

Tricky I know... thank you for your answer!

I'm pretty sure "corn flour" refers to finely ground corn meal. Cornstarch would not bee a good sub.

caninechef

I have no personal knowledge but per Wikipedia...Corn starch ('cornflour' in the UK), the white, powdered starch of the maize grain.

canoetrip

Thank you! The baker (my husband, British btw), will now continue with the recipe :)

Corn flour is what the UK calls cornstarch. I just confirmed that with my friend who lives in Dublin.

canoetrip

awesome! Thank you!!