🔕 🔔

I got some fancy-pants artisan salts as a gift. Himalayan, Cyprus Sea, and Alder Smoked. What the heck should I do with them?

asked by Mollyh over 4 years ago

A538f2cd 5a50 4af1 94e2 a37b2f702be6  img 0356

While you can use them in cooking, they are best when used as finishing salts. Add them to your completed dishes just before serving.

I put the fancy salts on the table so everyone can season to taste.

E7b6597b db6e 4cae b9f3 699b508f4ed3  036

I put a salt buffet out with a tequila shot bar a couple weeks ago ... just sayin'

32fb3935 151a 4db2 ac26 980d4c0d5cea  lorigoldsby

If your himalayian salt is a fine salt...my recipe for crack cookies will be a good recipe for you. The salt intensifies the chocolate...oh yum! http://food52.com/recipes.... The alder smoked salt is so good on roasted asparagus.