I got some fancy-pants artisan salts as a gift. Himalayan, Cyprus Sea, and Alder Smoked. What the heck should I do with them?

asked by Mollyh about 5 years ago

Susan-Elizabeth

While you can use them in cooking, they are best when used as finishing salts. Add them to your completed dishes just before serving.

I put the fancy salts on the table so everyone can season to taste.

I put a salt buffet out with a tequila shot bar a couple weeks ago ... just sayin'

lorigoldsby

If your himalayian salt is a fine salt...my recipe for crack cookies will be a good recipe for you. The salt intensifies the chocolate...oh yum! http://food52.com/recipes.... The alder smoked salt is so good on roasted asparagus.