What is an easy to adhere coconut to a coconut cake? Thnxs!!

asked by maimai50 over 5 years ago

Large coconut flakes that you are most likely to find where organic products are sold. Or you can try sliced almonds instead

Lindsay-Jean is a Community Editor at Food52.

I like this tutorial for covering a cake with sprinkles: http://thecakeblog.com... Perhaps you could try the same thing with the coconut flakes.

When I make coconut layer cake, I fold coconut into the buttercream frosting and then stick shredded, unsweetened coconut to the outside of the cake (via the frosting. When I make coconut pound cake, all the coconut is inside the cake.