🔕 🔔

What is an easy to adhere coconut to a coconut cake? Thnxs!!

asked by maimai50 almost 5 years ago

8425a5f0 773c 4ccd b24e 9e75b44477a8  monita photo

Large coconut flakes that you are most likely to find where organic products are sold. Or you can try sliced almonds instead

012d983c ea5a 4b9f a942 a8f5dfcef8d7  ljh6675 web

Lindsay-Jean is a Contributing Writer & Editor at Food52.

I like this tutorial for covering a cake with sprinkles: http://thecakeblog.com... Perhaps you could try the same thing with the coconut flakes.

When I make coconut layer cake, I fold coconut into the buttercream frosting and then stick shredded, unsweetened coconut to the outside of the cake (via the frosting. When I make coconut pound cake, all the coconut is inside the cake.