Recipe comments - are recipe writers notified of them?

Are recipe authors notified of comments posted to their recipes? I ask because I've had the experience before of asking a question in the comments for a recipe and never gotten a response. This makes me wonder if the recipe writers aren't automatically notified when comments post to one of their recipes. It seems to me that there certainly should be such a notification.

Diana B
  • Posted by: Diana B
  • March 24, 2013

mediahouseagency November 3, 2022
Atole
I'm gonna teach you how to make Atole. This Atole Recipe has been around for many generations in my family.
https://losfoodiesmagazine.com/

mediahouseagency November 3, 2022
Atole
Media House Agency!

pranzoitaliangrill September 29, 2022
Our seafood is always fresh from Above Sea Level. Our mussels are from the pristine Atlantic waters off the coast of Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island mussels are known for their jet-black shells and sweet flavor. Our halibut and salmon wild caught and sourced from Alaska. https://www.pranzoitaliangrill.com/

pranzoitaliangrill September 29, 2022
Our seafood is always fresh from Above Sea Level. Our mussels are from the pristine Atlantic waters off the coast of Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island mussels are known for their jet-black shells and sweet flavor. Our halibut and salmon wild caught and sourced from Alaska.

Diana B. March 24, 2013
Interesting, lapadia! I wonder what the difference is? Yes, cookinginvictoria, I will follow up with her if I don't hear back. I don't have any intention of getting a blender, but it would still be interesting to know.

lapadia March 24, 2013
Hi, I'm back!:)
Well, there are technical reasons why using online email works, something to do with Web Access. All I know is that it works vs. using email programs that comes with whatever software packages out there. I recommended a couple other cooks to open a gmail account and try that, and this was all they needed.

ATG117 November 17, 2014
I have often not gotten a response either, sadly, even for recipes that were tested by food52 staff. I generally shop at whole foods or the farmers market, so im not overly concerned that it's a product issue.

lapadia March 24, 2013
Hi! When I first joined I checked the box to receive notification of comments to my recipes. I was using my Outlook email program. I changed to a gmail address (for testing purposes) and it worked! It became clear to me, after my test, that an online free mail messaging account such as (gmail, hotmail, yahoo) is what is needed on Food52. Try that and test it out, it should work. NOTE: if you already use a free email account then I haven't a clue where else to look. Cheers to it working for you! :)

lapadia March 24, 2013
OOPS...forgot to say, when I used my Outlook I wasn't receiving notifications.

cookinginvictoria March 24, 2013
I have sometimes missed comments on recipes that I have posted. If you don''t get a response from the author on the recipe page itself or via a hotline query, I would suggest messaging the recipe writer. That's probably the most direct way to communicate with the author.

inpatskitchen March 24, 2013
Yes.. and when you set up your profile page there's a box to check if you want to receive notifications or not.

Diana B. March 24, 2013
Inpatskitchen, I know there's such a box if you comment on a recipe and don't want to get emails when other comments are posted, but are you saying there's also such a box for recipe authors when they post their recipes?

inpatskitchen March 24, 2013
There is a box to check if you don't want to be notified of any comments and I know some who use this function. So if you have a question about a particular recipe and don't get a response after some time you might want to go through the hotline. The recipe writer may see it or someone else may be able to help.

Merrill S. March 24, 2013
Yes, the recipe author is notified if you leave a comment on the recipe page. Kristen happens to be moving this weekend - I'm sure she'll respond as soon as she can.