What is a substitute for champagne vinegar

asked by a Whole Foods Market Customer over 5 years ago

White wine vinegar usually works well as a substitute. What are you making? Sometimes I add a touch of orange or tangerine or Meyer lemon juice or even sherry vinegar (and I've been known to add a drop or 2 of sherry, as well!), as champagne vinegar seems sweeter than white wine vinegar. For some recipes, a very high quality cider vinegar(organic, unpasteurized, smelling of applies) can be substituted. As one might expect, it depends on the other ingredients. ;o)

Claire Menard

Freekeh Salad with chicken peaches and tarragon. It is a weight watchers dish.

There is such a thing as tarragon vinegar. If you have use for it beyond this dish, get some on, use it here & on other dishes.