🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Easter Egg Aebleskiver

Fac2f86c 9703 41ce ba20 44eb0a201cb8  aebleskiver small

I have a question about the recipe "Easter Egg Aebleskiver" from Fairmount_market. I have aebleskiver mix but no pan. any ideas for a substitute cooking device?

asked by Rebecca Cherry over 4 years ago

Cfe06c3a 31ba 4cd7 a0b0 2d1e7eb98d8e  18930218514 6fcf35ff43 b

Lindsay-Jean is a Contributing Writer & Editor at Food52.

Bearing in mind that I'm part Danish, and aebleskivers are a big part of my childhood, I have to say that there just isn't a substitute for an aebleskiver pan. You can get them at the specialty cooking stores, but a quick google search pulled up lower price options too. Or maybe a friend has a pan you can take for a test drive before you decide to invest in one? Of course you could probably use your mix to make fluffy pancakes....I'll just have to avert my eyes.

Lindsey-Jean is right -- there is no sub for an aebleskiver pan. Instead, you could use the batter for pancakes, but then, that's not aebleskivers.

1d0d675a 5598 44a5 865e 32730d2a1273  186003 1004761561 1198459 n

I have two aebleskiver pans and one of them is very vintage(found at the Goodwill) and looks wonderful, but, they both do the same job. Basically aebleskivers are pancakes so if you can't source the usual equipment just make pancakes.

E7b6597b db6e 4cae b9f3 699b508f4ed3  036

I am 99% sure they have an inexpensive one at Target ... and of course you can buy ANYTHING on Amazon!!!