A question about a recipe: Easter Egg Aebleskiver

Fac2f86c 9703 41ce ba20 44eb0a201cb8  aebleskiver small

I have a question about the recipe "Easter Egg Aebleskiver" from Fairmount_market. I have aebleskiver mix but no pan. any ideas for a substitute cooking device?

asked by Rebecca Cherry over 5 years ago

former Community Editor

Bearing in mind that I'm part Danish, and aebleskivers are a big part of my childhood, I have to say that there just isn't a substitute for an aebleskiver pan. You can get them at the specialty cooking stores, but a quick google search pulled up lower price options too. Or maybe a friend has a pan you can take for a test drive before you decide to invest in one? Of course you could probably use your mix to make fluffy pancakes....I'll just have to avert my eyes.

Lindsey-Jean is right -- there is no sub for an aebleskiver pan. Instead, you could use the batter for pancakes, but then, that's not aebleskivers.

dymnyno

I have two aebleskiver pans and one of them is very vintage(found at the Goodwill) and looks wonderful, but, they both do the same job. Basically aebleskivers are pancakes so if you can't source the usual equipment just make pancakes.

I am 99% sure they have an inexpensive one at Target ... and of course you can buy ANYTHING on Amazon!!!