🔕 🔔

Can you freeze creme fraiche?

Just wondering, since I don't need to use an entire container's worth for a recipe I'm making.

Diana B is a trusted home cook.

No. But if you store it in the coldest part of your refrigerator, it will keep for a couple of weeks. If it forms a scum on top, just peel it off with a spoon and use the part underneath.

Next time, make your own. It's less expensive and easy as pie.

120fa86a 7a24 4cc0 8ee1 a8d1ab14c725  me in munich with fish

Agreed! Adding buttermilk to the tune of 3 tablespoons per cup of cream and letting it sit for 8 to 16 hours until it thickens and has a pleasantly sour taste will get you delicious and frugal crème fraîche.

0e5c2b73 3f18 46e4 95c9 cbc8af359f65  sadie crop
Diana B

Diana B is a trusted home cook.

Alas, I rarely have either buttermilk or cream in the fridge, but I thank you for the storage tip!