🔕 🔔

i can make homemade kahlua but need pure glycerin. i went to a drug store and they had it but is it the right kind to use for it

asked by XXX-XXX-2777 about 7 years ago

C45c94a0 2e08 45bf a73c 4235d1b3c4bb  image

Ideally I believe you want vegetable glycerin, I bought some at Whole Foods; it was in the cosmetics department but the bottle has directions for cooking use. What does the label say?

84baef1b 1614 4c3d a895 e859c9d40bd1  chris in oslo

All glycerin is is the same chemical, but if your bottle says "for external use only," it may not be as chemically pure as you'd like. Drug store glycerin is often fine for consumption (it's where I've bought it), but check the label.