A question about a recipe: Sweet Pea and Leek Pancakes

De9c0d91 a81c 4e8e ad9c 16ce168a3417  food52 04 24 12 0399

I have a question about the recipe "Sweet Pea and Leek Pancakes" from Kate @ Scarpetta Dolcetto. Can cheat with a bag of organic frozen peas? (I know... terrible, but these sound so good and it's too early for fresh peas)..

asked by sbf-ct over 5 years ago

dymnyno

I use frozen peas all the time. They are usually a lot more uniform in size than the ones that you shell yourself.

sbf-ct

Great... so how much do I use?? The recipe calls for 3/4 pound peas in their pods... translates to how much from the bag? Thank so much!

The pods weigh surprisingly little. But there may be moisture on the peas that would add a bit. I'd probably start with 3/4 pound minus a couple tablespoons. But I might not add all of them at once. ;o)

sbf-ct

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I'm looking forward to it.

What petitbleu said. I think of frozen peas as a 'pantry staple' - always have a bag or 2 in the freezer. Add them to pastas (especially with creamy/cheesy sauces), soups, curries, salads, risottos - and recipes like these pancakes. They also come in handy as very flexible ice bags for minor injuries. (I kid. But not really.)