Side salad for beef stroganoff

I'm serving beef stroganoff tonight and have a bag of arugula. Anyone have any good ideas for a homemade dressing and what else to add to the salad?

asked by sweetcorn about 5 years ago

Raudi

Beef Stroganoff - a recipe from Russia. I would add some chopped pickled red beets to the arugula and serve it with a light sour cream dressing (sour cream, lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper).

Beets definitely! Roasted, sliced and topped with fresh grated horseradish. However I wouldn't duplicate the sour cream which is already in the stroganoff.

CHeeb

Keep it light with the rich creamy stroganoff...you'll be fine with something simple and clean.A finely sliced cabbage/radish/onion/carrott/raisin mixture would offset some of the great main course you have planned. Use a sweeter oil dressing to avoid conflict with your creaminess in the Stroganoff.

It is probably too late, but a mixture of different colored beets served as Pierino suggests would look stunning.

sweetcorn

Thanks everyone! I went with the light salad and it was delicious. Can't wait to try some of the ones with beets though!