A question about a recipe: Salty-Sweet Pistachio Nut Butter and Oatmeal Cookies

9f3497bc ac76 4add 9af8 68921594fc35  img 9349 1

I have a question about the recipe "Salty-Sweet Pistachio Nut Butter and Oatmeal Cookies" from QuasiSiciliana. What is the "creamed coconut" which is then "grated"?

asked by ntt2 over 5 years ago

I have a feeling that creamed is a mistake and she meant to say grated coconut or coconut flakes. Maybe the author will see this and respond but I feel that it's just a mistake.

ntt2

Thank you Suzanne - am testing this tomorrow and was giving the recipe a final run through and caught the glitch. Appreciate your reply! Regards, nt

QuasiSiciliana

Gosh, I'm so sorry - only just saw this. No, I did mean creamed coconut - it's what it's called here in the UK. It's those blocks of solid coconut, which you can then grate as needed and either rehydrate to make coconut milk or, as in this case, use as is.