🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Salty-Sweet Pistachio Nut Butter and Oatmeal Cookies

9f3497bc ac76 4add 9af8 68921594fc35  img 9349 1

I have a question about the recipe "Salty-Sweet Pistachio Nut Butter and Oatmeal Cookies" from QuasiSiciliana. What is the "creamed coconut" which is then "grated"?

asked by ntt2 over 4 years ago

2f4926e2 248b 4c22 a6f7 8f2d888b8488  3 bizcard

I have a feeling that creamed is a mistake and she meant to say grated coconut or coconut flakes. Maybe the author will see this and respond but I feel that it's just a mistake.

Thank you Suzanne - am testing this tomorrow and was giving the recipe a final run through and caught the glitch. Appreciate your reply! Regards, nt

1501a1d7 ae94 4857 b247 5feab95f263e  img 7402 1

Gosh, I'm so sorry - only just saw this. No, I did mean creamed coconut - it's what it's called here in the UK. It's those blocks of solid coconut, which you can then grate as needed and either rehydrate to make coconut milk or, as in this case, use as is.