tube pan

I am making the apple coffee cake from Amanda's NYTimes cookbook and wondering if I may substitute a springform pan for a tube pan? I am a competent cook and a determined but disastrous baker. Thanks in advance.

asked by wingirls over 5 years ago

Hi wingirls -- I would not make this in a springform pan because it's a heavy batter and I think that without the tube, you'd end up with a cake that's overcooked on the outer edge and underdone inside. I'm sorry but I don't want you to have a bad experience!

wingirls

Thanks Amanda! I'll swing by that professional cookware shop on 17th street between 5th and broadway...no frills - but they have it all. Love an excuse to add to my collection of cookware.