🔕 🔔

Anyone know any good savory recipes using Benedictine?

I love cooking with interesting liquors. I'm trying to find recipes I can adapt to the crockpot, because I can't drink liquor for medical reasons, but I love the flavor. Alcohol doesn't cook out for 2 1/2 hours, but my experiences with various whiskeys and scotches have been rewarding.

asked by Buffy871 over 4 years ago

Deac5e85 ab6c 4739 826e c35688e6f154  l1020855

I have simmered halved and quartered parsnips,shallots, and carrots until they were semi-soft in broth and a tbsp of butter.Before they are fully cooked, I drizzle Benedictine on the reduction and they are delicious.I have cooked them separately and together . Each sweetens when simmered and becomes divine with the addition of Benedictine.Benedictine keeps caramelization going, so once added,watch carefully to prevent burning.