Besides roasted chicken, what can leftover piri piri sauce be used for?

asked by maimai50 about 5 years ago

darksideofthespoon

When I make bread I slather the top with piri piri before I bake it. Delish!

I hear it's good with grilled shrimp or you can bake the shrimp in the piri piri.

Elizabeth Rex

Besides the above answers, you could throw it in tomato sauce and toss pasta in it. Or use the same sauce and make pizza/flatbread (with complimentary toppings, or not, and just use the sauce for a spicy kick).

Frances Janisch

Prego rolls! You can google a recipe. A Portuguese Mozambican sandwich

Lemongrass&Lime

I like it as a sandwich spread. Especially for a roast chicken sandwich but also delicious paired with avocado, melted cheese and arugula.

With eggs - fried, poached or scrambled - on some kind of toasted bread, or flat bread.

A little back story here; piri piri dates back to the days when the Portuguese had colonies in West Africa---sometimes it's known as pili pili. Myself, I think that in addition to chicken it goes well the Brasilian/Portugese hybrid stew, feijoada. Great as well with porco a Alentejana---sizzling hot pork and clams. Do you like goat? It's great with that too.