🔕 🔔

Besides roasted chicken, what can leftover piri piri sauce be used for?

asked by maimai50 over 4 years ago

9a61d3c7 2821 4579 8601 c61c43d1c19f  img 0472

When I make bread I slather the top with piri piri before I bake it. Delish!

I hear it's good with grilled shrimp or you can bake the shrimp in the piri piri.

B2ed5b9a 1b6d 4720 9a36 ffe78b9f2a1a  gobblegobble

Besides the above answers, you could throw it in tomato sauce and toss pasta in it. Or use the same sauce and make pizza/flatbread (with complimentary toppings, or not, and just use the sauce for a spicy kick).

1c1fea01 a528 4718 8cd4 1c112c6ce55c  stringio

Prego rolls! You can google a recipe. A Portuguese Mozambican sandwich

496e7c44 98d9 4eba 99b7 3bc1f865f816  screen shot 2013 04 12 at 12.45.52 pm

I like it as a sandwich spread. Especially for a roast chicken sandwich but also delicious paired with avocado, melted cheese and arugula.

1097a5b5 1775 4eec a8ea 7421137b65dc  image 2 apples claire sullivan 2

With eggs - fried, poached or scrambled - on some kind of toasted bread, or flat bread.

A little back story here; piri piri dates back to the days when the Portuguese had colonies in West Africa---sometimes it's known as pili pili. Myself, I think that in addition to chicken it goes well the Brasilian/Portugese hybrid stew, feijoada. Great as well with porco a Alentejana---sizzling hot pork and clams. Do you like goat? It's great with that too.