What do you do with unused chipotle peppers in adobo sauce?

It never fails that I need only one or two out of a can.

asked by Lazarus over 5 years ago

Here are some ideas, from a post here on FOOD52 on just that topic: http://food52.com/blog... Apparently you are not alone! ;o)

Lazarus

Thanks! The chipotle cream sounds incredible.

If you want to save for future use, you can also puree them and freeze in small amounts (e.g., in an ice cube tray - when frozen, release and put 'cubes' in a ziploc freezer bag.)

rt21

Add some to mayonnaise to make a dip

Alexandra zohn

Yes! Add them to mayo and use the mix for tuna melts. They make the best flavoring for cream cheese that you can eat spread on crackers or on flour tortillas for wraps

Lots of good ideas in this thread here: http://food52.com/hotline...

em-i-lis
em-i-lis

Emily is a trusted source on General Cooking.

I'm with amysarah...I freeze them.

Lazarus

What's the portion breakdown if using frozen chopotle cubes?

I transfer them to a glass jar and freeze, so I can still extract them whole if I want. (Don't leave them in the can -- you can take off the label and put it on the jar.)

Shelly Collins

I stir them into beans like pintos or black beans. They also make a nice addition to guacamole.

You can also puree them and work them into the sauce mornay for your macaroni and cheese.

Margy@hidethecheese

I love them in deviled eggs. Also, if you decide not to use them right away, they last forever in the fridge. Well, maybe not forever, but several months.

tlowe

Just buy some Olo's Chipotle Paste in a tube and stop messing with the cans! http://spencersmarket.com/offers/olo-s-chipotle-paste

tlowe

maimai50

Add to homemade or bottled BBQ sauce