Today's the last day of our NYC Holiday Market. So come see us! »
🔕 🔔

can i keep pealed potatoes in salted water in refrigerator for 12 hrs before cooking?

asked by hepclass about 6 years ago
E4b7660b f3f6 4873 bd6d 2130a16403fb  img 1088

yes; just drain them well. And be sure they're well covered or they will turn black

I once boiled yukon gold potatos and left them in the pan of water and the potatos turned into the consistency of wallpaper paste! Never again!

714b34df 2d3a 43ee 9f6e 64da32383ccb  image

No...not unless you want to lose most of your potato flavor down the drain. Never let them soak for any length of time. Better to cook, then drain and rewarm before adding milk and butter. Potatoes generally don't ever do well in the refridgerator ...whether raw or cooked. I know most folks think this is fine to do... but as a major potato fan I can always tell the difference....and guests always asks why my mashed potatoes taste so good. IMHO

401c5804 f611 451f a157 c693981d8eef  mad cow deux

Potatoes pealing? What did you do to them to make them ring? But seriously, it takes mere minutes to peel even a large amount of potatoes so why would you do otherwise? I agree with the advice you've received already on cooking them as soon as they are peeled. Potatoes keep for a long time, but once the skin comes off...