🔕 🔔

What's the healthiest vegetable?

asked by a Whole Foods Market Customer over 4 years ago

John Boehner. Look at all the carotin going on there.

9a61d3c7 2821 4579 8601 c61c43d1c19f  img 0472

Chocolate!

Seriously though, I suppose it depends on what specifically you're looking for, like Vitamin A,B,C, etc... There are a lot of different benefits that can come from any one vegetable. It's also good to try and eat as many different colored vegetables as possible!

If you want me to pull an answer out of my butt... Kale is great for you! I eat a ton of it. I even puree it into smoothies :)

Why waste time looking for the healthiEST vegetable? They all have vitamins, minerals, and other good stuff, so eat 'em all.

Bb911bcd 2446 4d8f 848f cdc2090e999a  leaf cake

According to the ANDI index, it is kale, collard greens, mustard greens, and watercress. You can read all about the ANDI index here: http://www.wholefoodsmarket...

But in the long run, I think Maedl is right.

C0d1f1de 4134 43ba 9510 1d7a8caa31f3  scan0004

My guidelines: variety, moderation, quality. That presumes that you are eating real food, preferably homemade.

1dcc7c21 a794 442f 8a5f 1be76ddd7b94  you doodle 2017 02 12t14 57 20z

I think healthy works better as a pattern instead of an individual time. Bevi points out that kale etc have the highest ANDI scores and are super sources of lots of good stuff. But each vegetable has its own unique micronutrient profile so, like Maedl says, eat lots of different vegetables most days. How many vegetables you eat most days is the best
marker for a healthy pattern.

Kale, Sweet Potato, eat a variety of colors for a variety of nutrients, berries, broccoli, cauliflower, almost all dark leafy greens.