I have lamb sausage, broccoli rabe and feta--was envisioning something I could stir fry & serve over cous cous. Feels like something's missin

asked by Seattle Mark about 5 years ago

ZombieCupcake

Greek yogurt, sour cream or heavy cream?

Lemon and parsley or basil! Feta! Yum!

Some sort of pasta, perhaps, or even rice and a drenching of lemon juice? I would make it just as you mentioned, though, maybe trying another kind of Greek cheese.

Sorry, I just noticed the cous cous you mentioned. Bulghur or freekah would be really good, too--better than pasta, although not exactly Greek.

daddysurprise

raisins

Actually just using the ingredients you already have I'd think about warming some pita bread and filling it. Although a squirt of lemon couldn't hurt.

Maybe a sprinkle of red chili flakes?

sel et poivre

pomegranate

QueenSashy is a trusted home cook.

I would perhaps saute broccoli, rather than stir frying. And definitely some red pepper flakes, or even better aleppo or urfa pepper.

I'd be starting with some sauteed onions. For me that's "the missing link."

And some garlic, too--I just assumed that!

dymnyno

I would add an egg or two.

Seattle Mark

Thanks all--it was delish. Final product included the sausage, rapini, garlic, pine nuts, parsley, basil and some lemon zest. Served it over pearled cous cous with a sprinkling of feta. A hit!

Seattle Mark

Oh--and some red pepper flakes too!