🔕 🔔

I have a recipe for fried chicken that calls for me to marinade chicken in milk and after 24 hours boil the chicken in milk. Can I use the milk?

asked by BossHog001 almost 5 years ago

I would think that the milk you used on the chicken is fine to use--you are cooking the milk, then frying the chicken, so any bad bacteria should be killed in the process.That's just me speculating--there are some here professionally trained in food safety, so you might wait for a second opinion.

E8dd7e2e 6870 4cfd a3e4 679b032a99db  162

Thanks, I will wait.
By the way I meant to say use the same milk.

A9f88177 5a41 4b63 8669 9e72eb277c1a  waffle3

I don't see a safety problem as long as it all remains under refrigeration and you're careful transferring the contaminated milk into the cooking vessel.

Use it for what? I wouldn't reuse it for anything except maybe a gravy for the chicken. I wouldn't make ice cream with it...