I have a recipe for fried chicken that calls for me to marinade chicken in milk and after 24 hours boil the chicken in milk. Can I use the milk?

asked by BossHog001 about 5 years ago

I would think that the milk you used on the chicken is fine to use--you are cooking the milk, then frying the chicken, so any bad bacteria should be killed in the process.That's just me speculating--there are some here professionally trained in food safety, so you might wait for a second opinion.

BossHog001

Thanks, I will wait.
By the way I meant to say use the same milk.

ChefOno

I don't see a safety problem as long as it all remains under refrigeration and you're careful transferring the contaminated milk into the cooking vessel.

Use it for what? I wouldn't reuse it for anything except maybe a gravy for the chicken. I wouldn't make ice cream with it...