🔕 🔔

Cultured buttermilk or Lemon + Milk trick buttermilk for fried chicken

Hi everyone :)
Which buttermilk is best for fried chicken?
Cultured Milk or lemon + milk trick buttermilk work well?

asked by Ronan Gow 4 months ago

Cfe06c3a 31ba 4cd7 a0b0 2d1e7eb98d8e  18930218514 6fcf35ff43 b

Lindsay-Jean is a Contributing Writer & Editor at Food52.

I haven't made fried chicken before, so rather than weigh in with pure opinion, I'm going to point you to this article with the opinions of experts! https://food52.com/blog...

731da808 0ee6 4688 813c 05a2a7f1ca9b  16463817 10154453650334385 2720521257626860247 o

PieceofLayerCake is a trusted source on baking.

With my experience with buttermilk in general, cultured milk tends to have more body than homemade buttermilk which would lend itself to fried chicken because it would stick better. If you're just marinating it, you could probably get away with either....but I use buttermilk to create a coat for the flour to stick to.