🔕 🔔

Making fried doughnut holes if not have milk can use water for the batter? Also can use coffee cream if don’t have milk?

Wanted to know when making fried doughnut holes if not have milk or eggs can use water instead? Also if not have milk can use coffee cream to the batter as well?

asked by Angela about 1 month ago

added about 1 month ago

I think water alone would make the holes dense and dry. The fat and lactic acid in milk makes the dough tender and moist. Eggs (the fat in the yolk) also contribute to the texture and a little leavening. I think the coffee creamer would work though since it's pretty much oil.