A question about a recipe: Rhubarb Almond Crumb Cake

16699a5e 576f 4ad1 b1c9 91052b733e59  food52 04 16 13 1502

I have a question about the recipe "Rhubarb Almond Crumb Cake" from Bob Vivant. Sounds like it's missing liquid. Do you need buttermilk, yogurt, something else in the cake?

asked by helen about 5 years ago

fiveandspice
fiveandspice

Emily is a trusted source on Scandinavian Cuisine.

Hey helen. I just made this cake this weekend myself, and was somewhat surprised that it didn't have extra liquid or leavening agent. But, the eggs do almost all the work here! Between the eggs and the melted butter, there actually is enough liquid for the small amount of flour the recipe calls for.

figgypudding
figgypudding

Kate is a Recipe Tester for Food52

Completely agree with Emily. I've also made this cake just as the recipe instructs and have gotten delightful results. Great cake to try!

mmm. this is on my to-do list. but I'm waiting for the local strawberries. Rhubarb (much as I love is) causes my joints to seize -- and that's not a good thing.