🔕 🔔

Looking for a non-soy nut free protein powder

I'm looking for a good protein powder for my morning smoothies. Problem: I'm avoiding soy and I'm allergic to tree nuts. Any suggestions?

asked by Hilarybee over 4 years ago

I use a protein powder from http://www.unikeyhealth... that is made with brown rice and yellow pea. I love the smoothies I make with it, and they're very filling.

926ee962 060e 44e6 a1d9 878262f34bf8  image

Whey Protein powder is pretty cheap and versatile. But avoid if you are vegan.

or lactose intolerant!

There are actually whey protein powders that don't have lactose (whey isolate instead of concentrate). That said, if you want to avoid animal products, pea protein is a good option: cheap and high quality protein. It can be a bit more chalky than whey though.

67da29df 0253 44dd 98a1 250b49e519a4  hilary sp1

I'm not a vegan, but I've been investigating healthier protein options instead of soy. Gena Hemshaw recommends hemp protein. Has anyone tried it?

820467dc d1b2 4071 ae7b d918a3648548  image

To add lots of protein to smoothies without changing the taste or texture, i use pasteurized egg white , like "All Whites" or similar. I believe that 1/3 of a cup gives you the protein of 2 eggs.
You could probably also use dried egg whites.