🔕 🔔

I swore I was not going to be in the situation of not having an ingredient but here we go...
I am making roasted carrots that are tossed with gremolata and some "good" green olives. It's the "good" green olives that I forgot to get. I have the jarred olives with the pimentos. Would that work? I also have capers. Could I sub those?
By the way this food pickle is great. I use to call my mom for these types of questions.
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

asked by Lucia from Madison over 6 years ago

2fc558a8 bd7d 4d57 9ed4 e14a7fcea429  fb avatar

I think either would work, but I personally would prefer the capers. Rinse very well and blot dry with paper towels, then chop.

Deac5e85 ab6c 4739 826e c35688e6f154  l1020855

IF you use the stufffed green olives,toss the pimentos.

oh yeah, definitely toss the pimentos if going the olive route.

79ca7fa3 11e3 4829 beae d200649eab49  walken the walk

Actually you could do both. Combine capers AND olives in the bowl of a food processor and give it a few quick pulses and you will get something like a tapenade. No point in taking out the pimentos (unless you really hate pimentos) because they won't harm the mixture. If you have fresh thyme handy add that too.