A question about a recipe: Maple Oatmeal Princess Coffee Cake

Ac0ee37b 64c6 4cf8 9e05 3451480d5949  c princess

I have a question about the recipe "Maple Oatmeal Princess Coffee Cake" from hardlikearmour. Can I use honey instead of maple syrup?

asked by MrsK about 5 years ago

trampledbygeese
trampledbygeese

trampledbygeese is a trusted home cook.

It will change the flavour (quite a bit actually, but not unpleasantly so) but honey works in place of Maple Syrup for texture. You will probably find honey to be sweeter tasting than Maple Syrup, so maybe use a smidge less.

dymnyno

It probably depends on the kind of honey that you use. If you use a light honey like orange blossom or clover it will not replicate the intense flavor of maple syrup. But if you use a strong flavored honey like cotton honey it will hold its' own flavor wise. The texture will be the same.

ATG117

As others have said, it will change the flavor. Though I like honey in certain applications, I would not welcome it as a sub for maple syrup here.

Molly Bakelette

Yes! I often use the two interchangeably!