simple, one pot, stove top apple something?

Going camping and I would like to make a dessert for one of the nights (that doesn't involve marshmallows on a stick). Are there any good recipes that don't require too many ingredients that can be made in one pot, on the stove? I'm imagining apple crumble, but I can't see how to cook that on the stove.

bigpan
bigpan May 20, 2013

I would pack a zip lock bag with some mix of oats, raisins, brown sugar and crumbled nuts (if you like). Pack some aluminum foil. When it is time to have them, core the apples, stuff with the mix and some butter (or margarine which I am sure you are also packing), wrap in tin foil and place around the campfire coals. Turn periodically and you will have a tasty hot apple desert in about 30 to 60 minutes depending on the heat of the fire. Or, you can do on a bbq if the campsite has them.

thelittlechef
thelittlechef May 20, 2013

baked apples! or in your case boiled, core an apple then put about a tbs butter in and around the cavity, sprinkle raisins and or cinnamon sugar around and inside as well. put 1/2c water in the pan with the lid on then simmer/boil for about a half hour depending on how hot you can get that little burner to go!

trampledbygeese
trampledbygeese May 20, 2013

It's a regular old butane stove, so it can get pretty hot (a lot hotter than my home stove). I don't know if there will be a fire at the campsite or not though.

Those recipes sound so delicious I think I'll try one for dinner.

minibakersupreme
minibakersupreme May 21, 2013

Baked apples sounds like a great idea. You could probably also make an apple Brown Betty with ease- few, common ingredients and a tasty result!

Gideon
Gideon May 21, 2013

Hmmm... cut up the apple, throw in a little water, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, almond meal (VERY finely ground blanched almonds) and butter. Cook down to perfection and you can serve it over some cinnamon bread.