🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Cacio e Pepe Pizza with Roasted Radishes

61beee58 5658 409b b2c3 780df025dfe5  food52 06 05 12 2421

I have a question about the recipe "Cacio e Pepe Pizza with Roasted Radishes" from fiveandspice. If I slice the radishes paper thin, is it still necessary to pre-roast them? Or can I just put them on the raw dough and maybe bake it for another minute or two?

asked by chez_mere about 4 years ago

My initial answer is yes. But I'm just thinking of the variables; Will they burn? Will they release too much liquid and create "soft spots" on the crust? And if you decide to bake it for an extra minute (or two), the dough will overcook...
But I say give it a go. These are just my little anxiety provoked wonderings.