🔕 🔔

Green garlic compound butter

We got a bunch if green garlic in our farm basket and I want to make compound butter with it to put in steaks, bread, etc. I haven't really used it before -- do I use just the bulbs for a compound butter? Bulbs and leaves? Should I blanch it or sauté it first? Thanks!

asked by MTMitchell over 4 years ago

7b500f1f 3219 4d49 8161 e2fc340b2798  flower bee

Its flavor is a lot milder than regular garlic so I, personally, use it fresh without blanching even for dishes that don't involve a thermal step. I pulse in a blender with a little bit of whipping cream and then incorporate the softened butter.